Brian Kuhlmann’s image “Polina and Bunmi” was created for a series called “In My Kitchen”. This started as a body of work of portraits of anyone coming through my studio on a given day. Bunmi is from Nigeria, was a backup singer for Femi Kuti, Fela Kuti’s son, and is now parking cars in America. Polina made her way from Eastern Europe and found herself working as a fashion model. “When they stood next to each other, I was taken aback by the contrast of their skin but also the symbolic difference in their personal backgrounds. The internal strength of Bunmi and the external beauty of Polina.”, comments Kuhlmann. The “Polina and Bunmi” wins second place in the Altpick Awards Photography Single category.
- Steele Captures the Best Moments of Surf City USA’s Beach Life
- Martinez’s Lifestyle Series — An Inspiration for Summer Activities
- Morgan Follows Undercover Officer for Article on Human Trafficking
- Bonnie Holland Seamlessly Blends Reality With Imagination
- Jim Fiscus Shoots 360 Degree Group-Portrait For Ad Campaign